Business Simulation Going Global
Globalization is of great importance for every business. Companies can concentrate on their home markets or expand to foreign markets. The course Going Global uses a business simulation that lets students run their own companies. In the beginning of the simulation, companies only compete on their home markets and during the course of the game, they have to deal with the continuous internationalization of their company. By competing with other companies on up to six different regional markets, students have to consider different market conditions and market entrance barriers. By forming teams and making decisions, students are responsible for their own multinational company and gain a realistic experience of a globalized business world.
During the business simulation, participants have to
- formulate their company strategy and conduct an internal analysis of strengths and weaknesses
- asses the market attractiveness and market entrance barriers and decide on market entries and strategies
- monitor different markets and competitors
After completion of the business simulation, students should be able to:
- make decisions under uncertainty
- think as entrepreneurs
- work in virtual teams
- analyze data and implement findings into strategies
- develop and apply internationalization and local adaptation strategies
- evaluate opportunities and threats in different markets
- assess and react to competitive strategies
This certificate course can be credited to the master program "Intercultural Leadership and Technology".